Re: analyze index and cost

From: godmann <allanwtham_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 3 Mar 2002 21:48:22 -0800

Howard,

  How do you revert back says analyze .. compute statistics is bad? If that is the case what is the point of analyzing some tables or indexes with a view to provide better stats. Oracle may not use it at all!

  I always thought that at all times, I should do analyze to make it run faster!

Allan W. Tham
Oracle DBA