Re: analyze index and cost

From: damorgan <dan.morgan_at_ci.seattle.wa.us>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 00:32:13 GMT

Depends on many factors. It may well be that due to the data in the table(s), the cardinality, and the number of rows you are retrieving, it is faster for Oracle to ignore your indexes. Though that may well say something about the value of the indexes you have created.

You thought it would be faster with indexes ... and I though you'd post the information required to actually give you a useful answer. Apparently we are both incorrect.

Daniel Morgan