Re: Using packaged constants in queries

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 21:12:01 -0000

Since you are running 8.1.7, you might want to look at sys_context(), and use a database logon trigger to set 'environment variables'. Use the trigger to call a package to set the constants - then use sys_context() in the SQL. This has some performance and
design benefits over using packaged
constants (returned via functions).

--
Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Now running 3-day intensive seminars

Host to The Co-Operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Author of:

<6e2c7cae5af1ab22f05aa11f8f30fada.73752_at_mygate.mailgate.org>...