Re: [X] Tree/Graph structure in many-to-many relationship, avoiding/detecting circularity

From: OddesE <OddesE_XYZ_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 10:49:28 +0100

"OddesE" <OddesE_XYZ_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:a5nh7d$hj8$1_at_news.hccnet.nl...
> b) The original problem does not check for circular
> references so they might exist
> c) The table structure may not be altered because
> the original problem must be altered as least as
> possible.

The original *program* does not check for circular references. Sorry, typo.

Also, I might add that the original program may not be broken, but adding a call to a checking algorithm, or inserting code to check for a failure in a stored procedure or trigger is possible.

--
Stijn
OddesE_XYZ_at_hotmail.com