Re: Lost data

From: damorgan <dan.morgan_at_ci.seattle.wa.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 19:04:32 GMT

I'm not sure from what you wrote what happened. You can not delete a table.

You can drop a table ... DDL ... which means the table, all of its data, constraints, and triggers are gone. And there is no rollback option.

Or you can delete data ... DML ... which would have a rollback option.

As yo have not stated what version of Oracle, what hardware platform, what operating system, or anything about the nature of the backup ... helping you is impossible. Guess is not. And I'm not into guessing today.

Daniel Morgan