Re: Can an account login with either "/" or username/password?

From: J Alex <jalexanderssd_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 03:55:03 GMT

"JB" <nospam-randolph-nospam_at_plantnet.com> wrote in message news:1jko7uk5u2divsr1k79k3e1jm345qd7r36_at_4ax.com...
> Is it possible to create an account that can logon with either the "/"
> or username/password combo from sqlplus?
>
> I have a need to create a user which can either login with a slash, or
> enter the username/password information. For instance, I create a
> user:
>
> CREATE USER USER1 IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD
>
> If I connect to SQL*Plus, I get the following messages:
>
> CONNECT USER1/PASSWORD_at_DB - Connected
> CONNECT /@DB - ORA-01017 error
>
> If I create the user identified externally:
>
> CREATE USER USER1 IDENTIFIED EXTERNALLY
>
> I get the following messages when I connect to SQL Plus:
>
> CONNECT USER1/PASSWORD_at_DB - ORA-01017 error
> CONNECT /@DB - Connected
>
> Is there some way to configure the server and client to allow
> connections either way with a single account?
>
> Thanks
>
> JB

Look at using OPS$ accounts. There are some cross-platform restrictions, but could be they will meet your needs. Basically its like what you did except with an OPS$ in the username:
CREATE USER OPS$<unix_user> IDENTIFIED EXTERNALLY;

If you search on Metalink for OPS$ you'll see some examples and the limitations. Received on Tue Feb 26 2002 - 21:55:03 CST