Can an account login with either "/" or username/password?

From: JB <nospam-randolph-nospam_at_plantnet.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 03:37:30 GMT

Is it possible to create an account that can logon with either the "/" or username/password combo from sqlplus?

I have a need to create a user which can either login with a slash, or enter the username/password information. For instance, I create a user:

CREATE USER USER1 IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD If I connect to SQL*Plus, I get the following messages:

CONNECT USER1/PASSWORD_at_DB - Connected
CONNECT /@DB - ORA-01017 error

If I create the user identified externally:

CREATE USER USER1 IDENTIFIED EXTERNALLY I get the following messages when I connect to SQL Plus:

CONNECT USER1/PASSWORD_at_DB - ORA-01017 error CONNECT /@DB - Connected

Is there some way to configure the server and client to allow connections either way with a single account?

Thanks

JB Received on Tue Feb 26 2002 - 21:37:30 CST