deleting primary keys???

From: AJG <algroot_at_rogers.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 22:26:51 GMT

Hi,

I'm new at the Oracle game so forgive me if this is a stupid question. I have created tables and assigned primary and foreign key constraints, populated the data with using the INSERT INTO command and updated several records (i.e. UPDATE slsrep SET rate=.06 WHERE slsrnumb=3; etc...).

 I am now required to delete 1 record from each table, but as I understand it , if I delete a row that contains a primary key that is used as a foreign key in another table I will get an integrity constraint error. So, if I delete the record in the table that contains the foreign key first and then the record in the table where it is a primary key, will this solve my problem, if it is indeed a problem? Is there a better way? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Received on Sat Feb 23 2002 - 16:26:51 CST