Re: Create a sample database for test

From: Gerrit-Jan Linker <gjlinker_at_oraxcel.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 22:11:04 +0000 (UTC)

What I usually do when I have to create a set of test tables is Excel. You can use Excel to make the initial data. It's excellent to create sequential data. You can easially copy and paste data around. Then when you've got it all ready create the tables in Oracle and post all the data in. I use SQL*XL to do this. It's a utility I build to make life easier to analyse and build data from the convenience of Excel. SQL*XL is an addin for Excel and takes the hassle out of getting data to and from an office and analysis environment.

Have a look at SQL*XL at www.oraxcel.com

Kind regards, Gerrit-Jan Linker Received on Sat Feb 23 2002 - 16:11:04 CST