Re: partioning option not worth it?

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 08:49:33 -0800

You've left out one key advantage - availability i.e. if you lose a disk with some partitions on it you may still be able to get to the other partitions (depending on the query of course). And then there's the simpler (and faster) backup for tables that have lots of read-only partitions (which can be the case fairly often).

--
HTH.  Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete
Author of "Oracle8i: Architecture and Administration Exam Cram"

Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no, it's not.  It's much harder than that!"
Bruce Pihlamae, long-term Oracle DBA