No such file or directory error while creating Temporary Tablespace

From: Siddharth <siddharthbahri_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 21 Feb 2002 03:26:44 -0800

Hi all,

I am trying to create a temporary tablespace (Locally managed) on my oracle 8.1.6 database on a redhat linux 7.0 machine. I am getting the following error:

SQL> CREATE TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMP03 TEMPFILE
'/u02/oradata/orcl/temp03.dbf'

EXTENT MANAGEMENT LOCAL;
CREATE TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMP03 TEMPFILE
'/u02/oradata/orcl/temp03.dbf'

*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01119: error in creating database file
'/u02/oradata/orcl/temp03.dbf'

ORA-27037: unable to obtain file status
Linux Error: 2: No such file or directory Additional information: 3

I am logged in as os user 'oracle' which has permission to create file in this directory. Also there is enough space on the disk (default file size should be 1M only)

Does anyone know what the problem is here?

Siddharth

ps: I am able to create a dictionary managed temporary tablespace without such problem Received on Thu Feb 21 2002 - 05:26:44 CST