Script to check instance status.

From: crk <chenthilk_at_indya.com>
Date: 20 Feb 2002 08:09:18 -0800

Hello All,

In our environment we do weekly backups of Oracle Databases during which time WebSphere servers are also stoped. The problem is we can't for sure say at what time Oracle instance for WebSphere is back up. Due to this the WebSphere start script kicks in before the Oracle instance was actually up and WebSphere couldn't start. I was wondering if someone could give me a script that actually logs in to Oracle Database using Sqlplus after the backup is done and pass on a output to WebSphere script which knows Oracle is up and based on that WebSphere script would kick in. If there is a better way to accomplish this, please help me. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank U,
Chenthil Received on Wed Feb 20 2002 - 10:09:18 CST