Re: When does Update become Delene then Insert, Ora817

From: Andre van Winssen \(andrew\) <andrew-no-spam-svp_at_info.nl>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 17:01:11 +0100

No,
an update is an update. it will never fire any insert or delete triggers. the rowid will not change either.
Imagine what it would cost to delete the row, including the removal of asocitiated
index entries and space management work and then reinsert it back again, including
the recreation of index entries and space management caised by thos activities.
Not to mention PK-FK relationships.

Andre