Requirements and Setup Help

From: Peter <pmclinn_at_mclinn.com>
Date: 19 Feb 2002 10:44:06 -0800

Here's my issue: I need a test server to work on and my company is not extending me the opertunity to secure a real server, so I have a Pentium III with 256 of ram in it to build a small server. Licences on oracle server are not an issue, we have plenty.

The server is going to strickly serve data to just me, and is going to serve out information to a IIS server, for minimal pushes. ( Less than 20 Megs a week. )

What OS's will Oracle install on. I'm not familuar with Linux unfortunately, but I have licences for Win95, and NT 4.0 Server, and 2000 Proffesional. Will the server load on the 2000? [Please, I'm crossing my fingers.] Or can I install the oracle Server on a formatted drive without the overhead. ( I know this is a pipedream.) I'm trying to save resources as much as possible.

thanks for the help.

-Peter Received on Tue Feb 19 2002 - 12:44:06 CST