Re: Two Versions of Oracle Client on one PC?

From: Nathan Carney <ncarney_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 18:04:42 +0000 (UTC)

Detlef

As long as they have different homes you can install multiple versions of Oracle onto a PC / Server. I have three client versions on my PC at work (7.3.4, 8i, 9i) and two Database versions on my PC at home 8.1.7 and 9.0.1. I used to have a server with 2 installs of Oracle 7.3.4 using different homes. 1 was for Test environments the other production (The box was in a failover cluster so only 1 instance ran at a time but patching Test didn't affect production)

No problems.

Only the Oracle 7 ODBC doesn't work but 8i does - so it's not an issue.

Nathan