Re: listener connection time out question

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 22:36:26 +0100

On Sun, 17 Feb 2002 21:41:04 +0200, "Heikki Siltala" <heikki.siltala_at_nospam.iki.fi> wrote:

>Is your jdbc connection routed thru a firewall or a gateway server? If yes,
>then it might be that the firewall or the gateway closes the connection if
>it has been idle for a specified time. The fix: check the settings on the
>firewall/gateway or add sqlnet.expire_time = 10 to your sqlnet.ora file on
>the listener side. It makes the listener to refresh the connection in every
>10 minutes.

I am afraid this incorrect. It makes the listener check every 10 minutes whether the connection is still alive. If it isn't the server session is killed.
Looks like this has to be adressed at the TCP/IP level

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sun Feb 17 2002 - 15:36:26 CST