Re: listener connection time out question

From: Heikki Siltala <heikki.siltala_at_nospam.iki.fi>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 21:41:04 +0200

Is your jdbc connection routed thru a firewall or a gateway server? If yes, then it might be that the firewall or the gateway closes the connection if it has been idle for a specified time. The fix: check the settings on the firewall/gateway or add sqlnet.expire_time = 10 to your sqlnet.ora file on the listener side. It makes the listener to refresh the connection in every 10 minutes.

--
Heikki
http://www.heikkisiltala.com