Re: Oracle Net 8 client install failure

From: guycorbett_at_my-deja.com <guycorbett_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: 12 Feb 2002 06:18:11 -0800

This turned out to be a tnsnames.ora problem although I still dont understand why/how. The file is successfully in use on 6 other PCs but would not work on this one. I found that I could get a response from tnsping80 to tcp-loopback, so copied this section and edited it one parameter at a time until it looked identical to my original but now worked. There must have been an unprintable character in the file but I don't know where this came from and can't see why this doesn't stop the other machines working.
Thanks for the replies. Received on Tue Feb 12 2002 - 08:18:11 CST