Re: Change 8.1.7 EE install to 8.1.7 SE

From: Peter Sylvester <peters_at_mitre.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 11:14:29 -0500

I've never had good experiences with Oracle de-installing things - It takes forever and it is never complete.

I'd suggest defining new ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_BASE, and deleting or renaming /var/opt/oracle/oraInst.loc, which otherwise would point to the existing ORACLE_BASE.

Then you can do a fresh install (installer won't know about existing product) and copy the instance specific files (dbs, network/admin, etc).

If everything works out you can then just blow away the old installation.

-Peter