Re: How to begin a transaction PART II

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 16:12:32 -0000

I'm trying to understand what it is that you are trying to do and why?  a serializable transaction *is* read write (well until you hit a row that changed since you began your transaction anyway when it bombs out).

Perhaps a brief explanation of the problem you are trying to solve would help?

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

"Carlos Hernández" <paisal67NO_at_SPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message

> Ok. I undertand the concepts.
>
> But, if I would like change the isolation level of a transaction (via SQL
> Plus) and initiate the transaction on the next line on mode Read Write?
>
> This code on PL/SQL via SQL PLUS not runs:
>
> set transaction isolation level serializable;
> set transaction read write; ( <-
ORA-01453 )