Re: RAC vs OPS

From: Slava <leichivp_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 6 Feb 2002 23:54:10 -0800

Hello Jonathan,
thanks for your absolutely clear answer. I was confused with metalink discussion on the same subject. Oracle guy wrote about log flush before block transfer: "The force log flush indicated is not as costly as having to write the entire block to disk and than read from disk into the other given nodes cache. This flushing if you will does not have to perform a costly disk seek to write only the changes which have occured, given there are changes. So, the IO involved here is very cheap and minimum. "

It seems I realize now how it works.

Regards,
Slava.