Application Server 4.0 caching the Java Servlet Program

From: Tony Fung <nkmfung_at_cs.cityu.edu.hk>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 15:13:50 +0800

Hi all,

I am working with Oracle8i databse and Oracle Application Server 4.0. Now I need to develop some Java Servlet's Program. I successful configure the server and my Servlet program can connect to the Oracle database.

However, when I make some modification to the program and recompile it. The browser cannot refresh to the modified program. This mean that the content is't update. I think the reason may be the previous program is cached in server.

Later, I discover using the 'owsctl' utility to reload the application server can solve this problem. However, it is quite inconvenience and not favour to reloasd the server very frequently. And I guess there may have some configuration parameters in the 'OAS Manager' can help me to solve my problem.

So, anyone can tell me how to solve this problem? Thank you very much.

Regards Received on Thu Feb 07 2002 - 01:13:50 CST