Re: ORA-27146

From: DBA <oracledba_at_rpdatasolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 02:24:32 GMT

I believe Sybrand is correct...I recall running into this a few times.. To test it simply lower the 'processes' parameter in the init file to something very very small, and try creating the instance.

If it's not semaphores check shemmax, the unix kernel parameter which controls shared memory size allocation, perhaps your SGA is too big for the current configuration...so you may need to bump that parameter..

Good Luck,.

Robert