ORA-27146

From: Cameron Abbott <cvabbott_at_altavista.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 15:06:40 -0500

Hi,

I am trying to create a databse on a server that already has one database created on it. I have created a new init.ora file for the new DB and changed the Oracle SID to the new DB. When I try to do a startup nomount I receive an oracle error ORA-27146 post/wait initialization failed. Can someone point me in the direction of problem. I don't think it is a problem with the Oracle installation because I already have one DB running on this machine, a SUN server with Oracle 8.1.5.

Thanks
Cameron Received on Mon Feb 04 2002 - 14:06:40 CST