Re: Oracle 9i questions

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 06:13:47 +1100

I'm presuming that you are using W2K or NT. And there can most definitely be issues arising from having an 8i listener running when you install 9i. The two versions of listener don't seem to co-exist very well. But frankly, there's no need for them to do so, anyway. Use the control panel/services applet to shutdown the 8i listener, and set the service to disabled. Then use the Net8 configuration assistant to create a new 9i listener. Add in services for both your 8i and 9i databases: the 9i listener is quite happy to do duty for both.

Regards