Re: Finding slow executing statements

From: michael ngong <mngong_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1 Feb 2002 10:45:20 -0800

"Steven Pannell" <steven.pannell_at_gmx.net> wrote in message news:<a3ecne$17otsn$1_at_ID-82797.news.dfncis.de>...
> Hi,
>
> I am wondering if there anyway that I can retrieve slow executing statements
> from the oracle database without switching on the trace files. Or is the
> only way to find out how long SQL statements take is with tkprof. Basically
> I just want to find out which statements are taking a long time to execute
> on the database. is there a v$ table I can get this information??
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Steve,

This might give a pointer to the sql statement that is consuming the most resource in the most cases the slow statement

select sql_text,executions,disk_reads,buffer_gets, from v$sqlarea where executions>5000 ;
YOU could use this to find the sql statements with the greatest disk reads,buffer gets etc,
Change your where clause accordingly
Michael Tubuo Ngong(Oracle DBA) Received on Fri Feb 01 2002 - 12:45:20 CST