Re: Slackware 8.0 and Oracle 8i

From: Mark Cudworth <mark_cudworth_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 20:27:51 -0000

RedK <redk_at_videotron.ca> wrote:

>> You may need to install an older C library on your system.

> I'm afraid that's what i'm going to have to do. Is it easy to tell the OUI
> to look for libc somewhere else than /lib?

I'm not sure how easy it is to change the environment in the Oracle install program. One trick I have used with many software packages in the past may work, though. Take the gcc line from your original post and paste it on a command line, edit the -L flags and compile. When it is done, start the install again. Hopefully make will be smart enough to skip this step if it doesn't need to make the target. (Hopefully the install won't do a "make clean" before this step.)

Good luck. Received on Fri Jan 25 2002 - 14:27:51 CST