Re: Slackware 8.0 and Oracle 8i

From: RedK <redk_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 13:12:17 +0000

mark_cudworth_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> I have Oracle 8i running on Slackware 7.1. The lib libwtc8.so is linked
> /lib/libc.so.6, which is a symbolic link to libc-2.1.3.so. When I run the
> command "nm -D libc-2.1.3.so | head" I get:
>
> 00000000 A GLIBC_2.0
> 00000000 A GLIBC_2.1
> 00000000 A GLIBC_2.1.1
> 00000000 A GLIBC_2.1.2
> 00000000 A GLIBC_2.1.3
> 0008cee0 W _Exit
> 000e3200 D _IO_2_1_stderr_
> 000e3080 D _IO_2_1_stdin_
> 000e3140 D _IO_2_1_stdout_
> 0005518c T _IO_adjust_column
>
> Notice the "GLIBC_2.0" at the very top. I wonder if this identifier is
> not
> available in libc-2.2.x? Try using nm on your libc.so to see if this is
> the case.

$ nm -D libc-2.2.3.so | head
00000000 A GLIBC_2.0
00000000 A GLIBC_2.1
00000000 A GLIBC_2.1.1
00000000 A GLIBC_2.1.2
00000000 A GLIBC_2.1.3
00000000 A GLIBC_2.2
00000000 A GLIBC_2.2.1
00000000 A GLIBC_2.2.2
00000000 A GLIBC_2.2.3

000a2ac0 W _Exit

The identifier is there and so is atexit :(

$ nm -D libc-2.2.3.so | grep "atexit"
0002f120 T __cxa_atexit
0002f2dc T atexit

Perhaps this as to do with the downgraded binutils? I had to swap ld with Slackware 7.1's so that libclntsh.so would get created (it doesn't with 8.0's binutils).

> You may need to install an older C library on your system.

I'm afraid that's what i'm going to have to do. Is it easy to tell the OUI to look for libc somewhere else than /lib? Received on Fri Jan 25 2002 - 07:12:17 CST