Oracle Failsafe

From: Jason Moras <jazz_at_alumni.utexas.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 00:32:07 -0600

Hi all,

I am about to be tasked with setting up Oracle in a Windows 2000 cluster using Oracle Failsafe.

I believe right now the plan is to go with Oracle 8i ( 8.1.7.0.0 I believe ). I see 2 versions of Oracle Failsafe 3.2.1 and 3.1.2 I can download. Looking through thei configs - 8.1.7 is supported under both versions. I am going to be doing further reading, however, thought I would go trolling for any info on which version is better - and any advice, lessons learned, and things to keep in mind ( good refrences too ).

I am a MCSE, and have a good background in setting up clusters, but this app is new to me ( i am not a DBA - more of a server guy ). Just something to keep in mind.

Thanks Received on Thu Jan 24 2002 - 00:32:07 CST