Re: Oracle OCP Book - Is This Correct?

From: Patrick Meyer <buckeye234_at_excite.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 19:53:05 +0000 (UTC)

I think a better question is 'Are these answers wrong on the OCP test?' I haven't yet taken the OCP tests, but I will soon. I ask this question because of some MicroSoft certification classes I took a number of years ago. The instructor made the point a couple of times that there is the MicroSoft way, as stated in the doc's, and there was the real way. He hammered home the point that the Certification tests were only concerned with the MicroSoft way and that if you answered the questions based on experience in the real world, you would likely get the question wrong. I wonder which is the case here. Just because something works in the real world, doesn't mean that is the Oracle recommended way. It could be the case that the tests only consider the Oracle recommended way.

Just my 2 cents.

Later ....

Patrick