Re: Oracle on OS/390

From: Bill Manry <bmanry_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 23:09:56 GMT

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002 16:18:44 -0600, "Gary Turner" <gary.turner_at_sci.com> wrote:
>has anyone implemented oracle on os/390??? if you have, are there any
>places to find some good documentation on how some things are done (on
>os/390), like running a batch jobs and getting a bad return code if
>something is not right. the problem we have now is that we use sqlplus to
>execute everything, but if it fails the return is still zeroes to MVS. does
>anyone know of a way to change this or something else we are not doing???

Gary,

Have you tried using the WHENEVER SQLERROR and WHENEVER OSERROR commands in SQL*Plus? These work on OS/390 just as they do on other platforms. SQL*Plus does not return an error return code for individual SQL statement errors unless you tell it to.

/b

--
Bill Manry - Oracle Corporation USA
These are my opinions, not necessarily Oracle's.