Re: Archive Log affects performance?

From: Noodles <noodles_at_aol.com>
Date: 19 Jan 2002 20:20:00 GMT

Jim,

The N-class box ( no-archive logging) with a test set of 1.36 million rows, takes 4 hours. The N-class ( with archive logging), with the same test set, takes 8.2 hours. I was expecting a little difference because of the N-class vs the K-class but a factor of 2 ?

I just want to make sure I can get this update to run as FAST as possible because the update needs to run on 5 tables in 46 databases.

TIA,
Cliff

<< Given the machines are beefy, I don't think this will be a problem.

How long is it taking with archiving - a multi-million row update shouldn't take that long. >> Received on Sat Jan 19 2002 - 14:20:00 CST