SIEBEL performance help wanted

From: Andy <enzoweb_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 14 Jan 2002 14:02:38 -0800

I am assisting with a SIEBEL implementation, and the performance is terrible. I have narrowed it down to INDEX usage (or lack thereof) but can't get the queries to use the indexes. This is from the v$librarycache view:

NAMESPACE Hit Ratio Pin Hit Ratio Reloads --------------- ---------- ------------- ----------

SQL AREA                98            99        198
TABLE/PROCEDURE         91            93         28
BODY                    93            92          0
TRIGGER                100           100          0
INDEX                   19             3       1588
CLUSTER                 99            99          0
OBJECT                 100           100          0
PIPE                   100           100          0

Their queries are taking ages to run, and I did an explain plan on one of the problem ones and discovered it's doing 2 full scans of a 7M row table. The query contains a '<>' in the where clause, which I believe won't use an index. The column isn't the first one in the index either.

The SIEBEL consultant (hah!) isn't any good, all he knows about are a couple of initialisation parameters.

For further info:

Oracle V8163 on Solaris
shared_pool_size = 600M
8k block size
sort area size=500m
sort area retained size=250M

Any ideas? Please? Help me... Received on Mon Jan 14 2002 - 16:02:38 CST