Re: SIEBEL performance help wanted

From: Daniel A. Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 16:14:54 +0000

Welcome to Siebel. And a taste of what happens when application logic (or the lack thereof) is put into the front-end rather than the backend.

In all of my experience with Siebel I have found that no action known to a DBA can make it perform well once you start scaling much past the projector-ware level. Unfortunately it seems that few companies tests before purchasing. Wish I could offer more encouragement but I think their product line is everything one buys Oracle to avoid and less.

Daniel Morgan