Re: Why SAP, PeopleSoft, Siebels Move from Oracle to DB2 ?

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 12:07:10 GMT

Serge Rielau doodled thusly:

>The ISVs mentioned indeed migrate their DMBS from Oracle to DB2 (E.g. Siebel now
>runs Siebel on DB2).

Serge, these ISVs do *not* have a DMBS to migrate, that's just ridiculous semantics. they have an *application*, not a DMBS! :-)

>They also have changed or are in process of changing their primary development
>platform from Oracle to DB2.

really? says who?

>For details on e.g. Siebel see: http://www.ibm-siebel.com/us/

that's a web site (subsidised by ibm) describing a marketing alliance. nothing to do with product availability.

try this for a reality check:

http://www.siebel.com/products/sales/siebel_sales/case_studies.shtm

and do a search for ORACLE as the database. count how many sites you get.

then do the same search against "IBM" (funny name for a "dbms"!) as the database and see how many you get.

quite educational.

it would be interesting if we saw less marketing crap from ibm and its "ubiquitous" db2 and a little bit nmore reality. enough lies.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam Received on Wed Jan 09 2002 - 06:07:10 CST