Re: ocp study materials

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 19:25:36 +1100

Not being facetious, but if you are after really good study materials for the exams, then you will find it hard to go past the course materials that are provided on Oracle's own instructor-led training courses. The exams follow the course material extremely closely.

It's a pricey option, though, I guess.

On a cheaper note, I'd recommend (obviously!) my own backup and recovery document under the books link at www.hjrdba.com for the backup and recovery material, since these were my own notes needed to get me teaching that course properly. Although written for 8.0, the fundamentals haven't changed with 8i.

Others will suggest a variety of books. For myself, I'd heartily recommend Jonathan Lewis' website and Steve Adams' website for performance tuning advice (no, they're not necessarily related to the OCP exams, but do you want the exams for the sake of passing, or for the sake of learning something meaningful?!).

Regards