Re: HOW TO KILL ALL DBMS.JOB?!!!

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 17:14:33 +0300

Not sure what you mean by killing all jobs, but if you just want them to stop being executed, you can simply stop all SNP processes by doing

ALTER SYSTEM SET job_queue_processes=0

(you gotta have ALTER SYSTEM privilege to do that). If any job is currently running, the SNP running it will not be stopped until the job is complete. Note that stopping all SNPs will also stop automatic snapshot refresh.

If you want to delete all jobs but keep the job queue processes running, you need to iteratively call dbms_job.remove for each job (and you need to call it as the job owner). For example,

for x in (select job from user_jobs) loop  dbms_job.remove(x.job);
end loop;

You can not remove a job you don't own.

hth.