Re: 9i - Disabling Oracle Servlet Engine

From: Sebastiano Pilla <etechweb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 17:28:31 +0100

KC Wong <armstrng_at_netvigator.com> wrote:

> > How do I disable the Oracle Servlet Engine?
>
> I want to know that too... OSE is blocking port 8080 and my Tomcat
> can't work properly if there's any Oracle database instance started.
> I've searched the Oracle docs and found nothing... and can't find how
> to change OSE's port either.

Look in the configuration files for Apache: in $ORACLE_HOME/Apache/Apache/conf/httpd.conf (near the bottom of the file) you should find an #include statement for something like oracle_apache.conf. Comment out that line and restart Apache to disable OSE and several other Oracle-specific things (mod_plsql, etc.). Dig deeper into the configuration files referenced by httpd.conf to discover how to specifically disable other services.

Sebastiano Pilla Received on Sat Jan 05 2002 - 10:28:31 CST