Re: extract data from a table with missing extents

From: koert54 <koert54_at_nospam.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2002 16:23:24 GMT

This will not work for the simple reason that you don't have corrupted blocks (false checksums in header, false blocktails, etc) ! - You simple lost the blocks ...
Or to put in another way - how can Oracle know the blocks are corrupted if they can not be loaded from disk to check for corruption ?

If your DB is not in archivelog mode and you don't have a backup - the data is lost ...