Re: init parameters when you have multiple processors

From: Fraser McCallum <fmcc_at_NOSPAModbaguru.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 01:19:07 -0000

The ones that spring to mind are DB_WRITER_PROCESSES or DB_IO_SLAVES and DB_BLOCK_LRU_LATCHES. Basically if you have spare CPU and IO capacity you can use the extra CPU's to manage more simultaneous IO. However if you are actually tuning a production system I'd recommend identifying your bottle necks and tuning appropriately as messing with these parameters could make things worse not better.

Kind Regards

Fraser McCallum
MVP Oracle
www.brainbench.com