Re: Transaction without redolog

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 4 Jan 2002 16:28:08 -0800

In article <a14gn0$nb7$1_at_talia.mad.ttd.net>, "Elías says...

>We have a PL/SQL program that generate a lot of redo log data. Each time the
>archiver
>make its job we have 3 Gb in the arc directory.
>
>Is posible make a transaction without generate redolog data with ARCHIVELOG
>mode?
>
>Thanks.

umm, it wouldn't be a transaction anymore.

redo is in integral component of the database, its why you use a database instead of flat files....

There are certain operations such as a bulk load, create table as select, index builds and so on that can be done in an unrecoverable fashion but in general -- inserts/updates/deletes = we will (must, have to) generate redo log.

doesn't matter if you are in archive log or noarchive log mode...