urgent : problem with oracle 8i running on red hat lunix ver7.2

From: dina <dina_prasad_at_sify.com>
Date: 21 Dec 2001 18:07:30 -0800

hi,

I run an oracle 8.1.7 server running on red hat lunix 7.2. if i attempt to connect as internal, sys or sytem , i get an error ORA-03113 "end-of-file on communication channel". in fact i can't start any shadow process, the same error occurs again and again. i will be grateful, if someone can help me out of this problem.

---

The listener shows the following error during startup: exception 11

(sigsegv) ksedmp internal or fatal error at startup, yet it seems to
listen " LTCA has 1 service handler" The network/log/sqlnet.ora contains the follwoing error message: "Fatal NI connect error 12537 connecting to
(DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCAL=beq)))
What is Protocol = beq, anyway ? thanks, dina