Re: DEF$_PUSHED_TRANSACTIONS question

From: Lionel Mandrake <nobody_at_nospam.nowhere.nohow>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 01:48:20 GMT

"Mike Jay" <mikejay_at_mitre.org> wrote in message news:3C20A5D6.6C87D706_at_mitre.org...
> Hi folks,
>
> Where can I find documentation describing the purpose of this SYSTEM
> table, the SYSTEM.DEF$_PUSHED_TRANSACTIONS table is only shown in the
> context of exports out logging on the technet.oracle.com web site?
>
> As part of keeping the baseline, I have been exporting from, let us say,
> INSTANCE01 and importing the new schema and data into INSTANCE02 so as
> to keep an installation test copy just like the deployed production
> system, but the same column constraint [i.e., CHECK (disabled IN ('T',
> 'F')) ] has been added on the order of thousands as shown using the
> "script tab" within TOAD as follows:
>
> CREATE TABLE DEF$_PUSHED_TRANSACTIONS (
> SOURCE_SITE_ID NUMBER NOT NULL,
> LAST_TRAN_ID NUMBER DEFAULT 0,
> DISABLED VARCHAR2 (1) DEFAULT 'F',
> SOURCE_SITE VARCHAR2 (128),
> CHECK (disabled IN ('T', 'F')),
> CHECK (disabled IN ('T', 'F')),
> .
> .
> .
> CHECK (disabled IN ('T', 'F')),
> CHECK (disabled IN ('T', 'F')),
> CONSTRAINT DEF$_PUSHED_TRAN_PRIMARY
> PRIMARY KEY ( SOURCE_SITE_ID )
> USING INDEX
> TABLESPACE SYSTEM PCTFREE 10
> STORAGE ( INITIAL 12K NEXT 12K PCTINCREASE 50 ))
> TABLESPACE SYSTEM
> PCTFREE 10
> PCTUSED 40
> INITRANS 1
> MAXTRANS 255
> STORAGE (
> INITIAL 12288
> NEXT 12288
> PCTINCREASE 50
> MINEXTENTS 1
> MAXEXTENTS 249
> FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1 )
> NOCACHE;
>
> The vertical elipse (...) represents about ten-thousand (10,000) repeats
> of the same constraint.
>
> CHECK disable IN ('T', 'F')
>
> Why would import keep adding the same column constraint? More
> importantly, what is this table?
>
> Thanks,
> mikejay

Mike:

DEF$_PUSHED_TRANSACTIONS is used during server-side activities as part of the Replication API.

The short answer for the constraint being created a jillion times is that it is an unnamed constraint, so each time it is created during an import, the system will give it a new name. Export/Import, now you have 2. Export/Import, now you have 4, Export/Import, now you have 8 - you get the picture.

Anyway, if you have MetaLink, you can read about it (and the suggested work-around) here:

http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_datab ase_id=BUG&p_id=1606461

The work-around is basically to drop all the system-named constraints, and create a named constraint in place of the system-named constraints.

HTH, LM Received on Wed Dec 19 2001 - 19:48:20 CST