DEF$_PUSHED_TRANSACTIONS question

From: Mike Jay <mikejay_at_mitre.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 09:36:06 -0500

Hi folks,

Where can I find documentation describing the purpose of this SYSTEM table, the SYSTEM.DEF$_PUSHED_TRANSACTIONS table is only shown in the context of exports out logging on the technet.oracle.com web site?

As part of keeping the baseline, I have been exporting from, let us say, INSTANCE01 and importing the new schema and data into INSTANCE02 so as to keep an installation test copy just like the deployed production system, but the same column constraint [i.e., CHECK (disabled IN ('T', 'F')) ] has been added on the order of thousands as shown using the "script tab" within TOAD as follows:

CREATE TABLE DEF$_PUSHED_TRANSACTIONS (

  SOURCE_SITE_ID  NUMBER        NOT NULL,
  LAST_TRAN_ID    NUMBER        DEFAULT 0,
  DISABLED        VARCHAR2 (1)  DEFAULT 'F',
  SOURCE_SITE     VARCHAR2 (128),

   CHECK (disabled IN ('T', 'F')),
   CHECK (disabled IN ('T', 'F')),

.
.
.

   CHECK (disabled IN ('T', 'F')),
   CHECK (disabled IN ('T', 'F')),
  CONSTRAINT DEF$_PUSHED_TRAN_PRIMARY
  PRIMARY KEY ( SOURCE_SITE_ID )
    USING INDEX

     TABLESPACE SYSTEM PCTFREE 10
     STORAGE ( INITIAL 12K NEXT 12K PCTINCREASE 50 ))
   TABLESPACE SYSTEM
   PCTFREE 10
   PCTUSED 40
   INITRANS 1
   MAXTRANS 255
  STORAGE (
   INITIAL 12288
   NEXT 12288
   PCTINCREASE 50
   MINEXTENTS 1
   MAXEXTENTS 249
   FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1 )
   NOCACHE; The vertical elipse (...) represents about ten-thousand (10,000) repeats of the same constraint.

        CHECK disable IN ('T', 'F')

Why would import keep adding the same column constraint? More importantly, what is this table?

Thanks,
mikejay Received on Wed Dec 19 2001 - 08:36:06 CST