Re: [Newbie] Ora-12541 : TNS:no listener How launching listener on Win98?

From: Simon Gottesman <sgotte_at_prodigy-nospamplease.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 17:42:10 GMT

I may be mistaken but I seem to remember that in order to get the listener started on a Win98 computer you need to type in: lsnrctl80 start
at a C:\ prompt and not lsnrctl start.
If neither works, try doing a search with the "Find" utility for any file called lsnr*. Whatever the correct name of the listener control utility turns out to be on Win98 is the executable that you use with the start command.

hth,
Simon