Should I use public rollback segments?

From: Calvin Crumrine <Calvin_Crumrine_at_dced.state.ak.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 11:06:32 -0900

Setting up an 8i database. I noticed that the DBCA creates public rollback segments. IIRC I was told that public segments aren't a good idea. I believe the reasoning was that since they're brought online automagically if one gets corrupted you can't start the instance. Won't swear that that's the reason because I'm still trying to find the note I made, but whether I have the right reason or not can you confirm whether I should be using them or should I tell DBCA to create private segments & if so, how?

thanks. Received on Tue Dec 18 2001 - 14:06:32 CST