logging into GUI version of SQL*PLUS

From: mitra fathollahi <mitra_at_entelagent.com>
Date: 12 Dec 2001 17:52:08 -0800

I logged into SQL PLUS successfully by entering username/password: system/manager and the correct host string in SQL*PLUS logon dialog box. After i was connected to my database, i decided to log into my database as a different User. I used the CONNECT command and entered a different user-name, password. SQL PlUS gives me ERROR: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied. However, I could logon to SQL PLUS with the same username/password if i had first connect to SQL PLUS and entered the exact same username/password in SQL*PLUS logon dialog box. I don't understand why it should be any different! I appreciate if someone could explain to me why i cannot connect as my other User after i am logon to SQL*PLUS. Thanks
Mitra Received on Wed Dec 12 2001 - 19:52:08 CST