rman archive concept

From: harshan eppurath <harshane_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 18:00:21 -0600

Hi All,

Please for give if this is too silly. I am testing backups using rman. I have backed up archive logs three times using archivelog all command. I deleted first two backup sets. Now I am trying to restore all current archvie files using restore archivelog all command. It was asking for the first archive backup set.

        I tried to avoid this error by following command
       change backuppiece peacenum delete;
 Now when I tried again
 I got the error rman-06025 no backup of log thread 1 sequnce 29 scn-xxxxxxxxxx found to restore

Here 29 is first achive log I backed up using rman.

Does any body has an idea how long archive log history is stored.

Thanks
Harshan Received on Wed Dec 12 2001 - 18:00:21 CST