Re: Auditing SQL statements

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 10 Dec 2001 05:29:11 -0800

In article <9v20v4$oeq$1_at_news1.xs4all.nl>, "Tony" says...

>Hi,
>
>I have enables auditing on Oracle 806. In sys.aud$, i see the audited info i
>need, EXCEPT:
>
>I want to know which sql-statement has been fired: There is an statementID
>in sys.aud$, but WHERE can I find the sql-statement being referred to??????
>
>oracle documentation is not very clear about that......
>
>Tony

the audit trail does not capture the statement itself, only the statement TYPE -- insert/update/delete/select.

In Oracle9i, there is fine grained auditing which does capture the actual statement, bind variable values and the SCN in place at the time of the audit (allowing you to "flashback" and see what they saw)