Upgrade to 8.1.7 or 9i

From: Thomas <thomas.hiller_at_warema.de>
Date: 6 Dec 2001 07:15:46 -0800

Hello,

i have a more basic question. We currently run an very old Oracle Server Version (7.3.4.1). Now we plan to migrate to a more up to date version. Therefore my question is what Oracle Version to choose (8.1.7 or 9i). What are the advantages or disadvantages of the particular versions. Let me know your experince about that.

The main criteria is stability, the second is to improve the handling of very big tables, the third the scalability - because it is preditctable that the database is growing rapidly in the future

What would you advice me ?

Regards
Thomas Received on Thu Dec 06 2001 - 09:15:46 CST